06-12-2008, 07:59 PM   #7
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkalley View Post
Well I have had my car now for a week and I must say that the base stereo is more than fine for the average ear. I played the bass guitar for 12 years and have spent many hours in a recording studio, so I think my ear is probably above average. I have to say that, although I have not hear the upgraded stereo, I can't imagine the sound is $1900 apart. For those on the fence, if you aren't insanely anal about your music, you will find the base stereo perfect. The speed of the ipod is a little slow so I think I may try a flash card.....
I agree with both J08M3 and darkalley. While I'm not an audiophile by any means, I don't consider the upgraded stereo to be worth another $1900.00. The base system is fine for my tastes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ismelllikepoop View Post
i havent listened to either, just the logic 7 but in my experience the upgraded stereo usually just has more bass so ppl are like wow it sounds great. Everyone raves about the Mark Levinson in lexuses, but i dont think it sounds that great at all, aftermarket systems i've heard sound a lot more crisp and defined but then again cost a ton to get done right. At 850, the B+O in audi is a lot more reasonably priced, but overall car stereos for me personally are a low return investment, it's nice to have but the difference is marginal.
I agree! The Logic 7 in my 330i has less bass tone than the upgraded system in my ///M3, but without the sub-woofers turned on, the systems sound comparable.

Last edited by Sedan_Clan; 06-13-2008 at 10:34 AM..
Appreciate 0