01-09-2012, 09:50 AM   #74
clar
Major
Singapore
Rep
Drives: M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DylanMckay View Post
I agree and thanks for the info! I had just commented on another thread but I really would have enjoyed watching bmw take the s65 another step and take the gts engine and add direct inject, which would allow a bit higher compression ratio and improve power and fuel efficiency. A bump to 8700 rpms to top it off. All those changes would have easily netted 475 hp and 340is foot pounds and therefore address lower end torque that people want, efficiency people want and still keep the nice linear top end screamer we all enjoy.

Really bugs me since they have the gts engine made. Shoot even if they did not make a single change and just offer the gts engine in the f30 m3 as an optional engine. Would make so many people happy and still allow those who would prefer TT and efficiency happy.

You think we could all put a crapload of small letters together and send them to bmw M? Seriously...giving them more of an idea that the following is here and to make the gts engine available for the f30 as a different option, even though its more work for them to get it approved and modified to meet carb standards, would really please a very important enthusiast group! We should do it!
They should put the 4.4 litre into a new Z4M Couple, give it the 1M's steering rack, M3 suspensions, and CF roof and it will be my ultimate BMW wet dream. I have always lust after the prev Z4M Couple, but couldn't afford it then
Appreciate 0