View Single Post
      11-30-2011, 05:21 AM   #10
M3SQRD
Major General
Rep
Drives: E92 M3,G20 330ix,F22 240iX,F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoOdRiCh///M3 View Post
And if you know the difference between the two then spill, it will be more helpful than the garbage you have already contributed!!!!
Damping - is a dissipative force proportional to piston velocity which removes energy from a vibrating/oscillatory system, such as a spring on a car

Dampening - to make wet

I had a set of H&R coilovers on my s2000 and my experience was similar to ZK's experience. This kit could barely last 15 minutes on a track without overheating (foaming) and, even worse, they'd overheat on the street (mountains of WV). I also had significant free play in the piston shaft but in my case the top cap of the damper eventually loosened and I ended up with damper fluid completely coating the inside of the wheel well and all over the underside of the car. H&R coilovers are junk.

My original response was "garbage" because you had specifically asked for comments on the e9x M3 kit and its description, not on the performance of other H&R kits. You have no idea what my background is yet you continue to berate and belittle me. Good luck with your search for an inexpensive coilover kit.
Appreciate 0