05-17-2014, 11:45 PM   #96
regular guy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Sprint car

Quote:
Originally Posted by valerio1 View Post
Hi regular guy,

I am looking for the oversized bearings 11 24 7 838 090 and 11 24 7 838 091. Can you please advise where I can order them from? I live in Europe and I was informed they cannot be found here. I am in need, man, your help will be appreciated! Thanks
Unfortunately, these oversized bearings are no longer available. I called my local dealer, and they checked the US inventory. According to my dealer, the parts were discontinued by BMW-AG and no replacements or updates were offered.

That leaves you with a few choices.
1) Locate a new or used crankshaft. Buying used would be a lot cheaper. Anybody who builds stroker engines in Europe should be able to sell you a used crankshaft at a pretty good price.
2) Weld up your existing journals, and resize them to original specifications. I've never been a fan of this approach, but then again I'm not an engine builder. Maybe some of the engine builders can chime in and advise on this topic.
3) If you can find another BMW bearing with same width, but smaller journal diameter, then you can grind the S65 journals down to this smaller size and use the other bearings. I probably wouldn't change the journal size by more than 1 to 3 millimeters. Again, some of the engine builders on the forum might be able to advise on this topic.
Appreciate 0