View Single Post
      11-04-2012, 02:22 PM   #2
karussell
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 4 wheels

i don't think the E92 will fair any better than its predecessors despite the switch to forced induction because of the high number of units produced. I do predict E90 M3 values to skyrocket however but i may be a bit biased.

This car being the last of the NA engined M cars will only have significant meaning if BMW keeps making turbo cars. If they switch back to an NA I-6 motor for the M3 after the next one then I don't think the V8 era cars will get any appreciable bump.

anyways, its silly to worry about these things. If you love the current car and test drive the new one and love it more then switch. if you hate the thing, well keep your E92.

I drove the F10 M5. I got the turbo lag to rear its ugly head in just 4 minutes of driving it. I can't stand turbo lag. The instant torque was nice, but I could tell i would get bored with such a heavy car very quickly. The F80 M3 with 1000 lbs less girth however might be an entirely different story! I'm hoping for a fun ride. Maybe i'll get one in a coupe and keep the E90 sedan so i can enjoy both.