Colonel
Rep
Drives: '08 IB E92

Fabspeed rubbing on rear tranny crossmember

Has anyone else had this problem? This is all I could find:

Quote:
Originally Posted by novablackm3 View Post
The right side was VERY tight to the transmission mounts about 1~2 mm clearance

Btw what were the extra screws and short 3~4 inch round pipes for ?

I installed my Fabspeed HFC and x-pipe the other day and the HFC sections rub on the rear transmission crossmember where they angle in to head down the tunnel to the x-pipe. It makes an awful sound during start up and causes a LOT of vibration during acceleration.

I can't figure out how to fix it either because there isn't any adjustment in the front pipes/HFC sections. If you could slide the header flanges down the collectors (essentially pushing the whole system back 1/2" or so), you could solve the issue but you can't because the passenger side is welded to the collector. Rotating the pipes down (toward the road) could solve it also but you can't do that on the passenger side (again because the flange is welded to the collector) and even if you could, the pipes would hang down really low compromising clearance with speed bumps and such.

The only solution I see is to either cut them and add in a 1/2" or so at the outlet of the cats (to push the bends behind the tranny back) or bang a dent into the pipes with a hammer.

Any help here guys?
Appreciate 0