View Single Post
      08-25-2010, 03:43 PM   #151
Tourbillon
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 S550, '13 4S, '11 E550

I have been going back and forth about purchasing an M3 for nearly 2 years now. To be completely honest, BMW screwed the M3 owners by allowing the tuned 135/335i to be faster. I remember when the e46 M3 came out. It not only set the benchmark for track times for its competition, but also in acceleration. This wasn't the case for the E9x M3's. Part of the allure of the M3 was knowing you were quicker than your competition. First the 135/335's became a threat and now Ford Mustangs. I think I'll pass on the M3 until it becomes something special again (even if it looks better!)

Also, for those of you who haven't seen this yet...

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/08/23/f...w-5-0-liter-v

Quote:
Things just got a lot more interesting for owners of the 2011 Ford Mustang. This weekend at the Woodward Dream Cruise, Ford Racing released its new supercharger package for the new 5.0-liter V8, turning the already potent pony car into a serious drag-strip contender.

The supercharger system is available in three packages, each utilizing a 2.3-liter Whipple twin-screw supercharger, air-to-liquid intercooler and 47 lb/hr fuel injectors. The base package provides 525 horsepower and 470 pound-feet torque and comes with a 12-month/12,000-mile warranty when installed by a Ford or Lincoln dealer, while the second kit offers 624 hp and 536 lb-ft torque... but no warranty. Finally, those that want to build their own custom system can opt for the tuner kit, which comes with only the core components but needs to be independently calibrated to work with the engine's computer. Hit the jump to see full details on both packages, and if you're the owners of a 2011 Mustang, you've got some decisions to make. Top tip, Panayiotis!
Appreciate 0