ChrisK
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '19 M2C

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiantm3 View Post
But it is more "tossable". As much as I love my M3, my previous 135i was a blast to drive as well and it did feel lighter and more nimble.

And the car never felt cramp at all. I've had 3 large adults as passengers in my 135i and aside from getting in and out of a coupe, there was enough room. Granted, I'm an average height.

As far as status/comfort is concerned, that's not why I bought my 135i or the M3. If I was looking for those characteristics, I would have gotten a Mercedes or even a 550i if I wanted to stay with BMW.
First, don't flame me.

I also had a 135i. The 135i IMHO was not more stable or more nimble then the M3. The M3 is very precise, with very little roll.. point the car and that's where you go. At higher speed (100+) the 135i felt unstable and jumpy on anything but perfect asphalt, the M3 feels like a bullet train on rails on almost any surface.

BMW basically M3'd the 135i and got the 1M. I like the car, but BMW didn't go far enough. DCT was excluded from the car to save weight and $$$. Take the 1M slap 200lbs and $2900 on it and people would say no-way. This nonsense about the M3 getting killed by a DCT 1M is just that - nonsense.

Just my 2 cents