08-26-2012, 05:18 PM   #10
JulieDriving
Female driving enthusiast :P
Rep
Drives: Bimmer

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by z335is View Post
Hey guys, I currently own an '11 e92 (stripped) M3 and have loved every minut of ownership. However, over my two years or so of ownership, every now and then I've found myself longing for some amenities (sat radio, iPod connector, etc) or something more (comp package, edc, mdrive). That being said, I feel like I'm at a bit of crossroads with the car. I've looked long and hard at other vehicles in the price range (and slightly below and above) and I've found that most are either undesirable to me or they have a new model coming out in the near future (Cayman, Sti). So I'm trying to decide among the follow options:

1) Keep my car and see what the next M3, Cayman, etc have to offer in a few years.

2) Trade my M3 for another e92 with perhaps comp pkg, and some other options

3) Trade for another car now - C63 AMG Coupe, Boss Mustang, CTS-V Coupe?

Your advice is MUCH appreciated
Okay, I've been there before.

You are feeling like the car you have is not exactly what you wanted. It sucks. You paid $$. You want what you want.

Now I know how it feels like to get *exactly* what I wanted, and man, is it ever worth the money...

My advice: Trade when you find something you really want more/ when it makes most financial sense for you (doesn't mean you can't afford it, just means the timing may be off - car could still be too new and there are incentives on the new ones or whatever)

In the meantime, enjoy your ride and continue to keep it in good condition until you trade.

I know, easy to say, hard to do. We're enthusiasts. The itch can be bad.