05-26-2011, 06:09 PM   #19
OC3
Havin' a blast!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 E92 Jerez Blk DCT ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus View Post
From what HACK has said in the past, it's just too much money and not enough people sign up- probably due to the cost. Just take a day off. It's well worth it.

Here's a very good link for how much it costs to run a HPDE: http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...49&postcount=3

The instruction is GREAT and beginner's be MUCH better by the end of the day. Too bad it's not 2 days, because the second day is when you really start going fast.
Then you go out with an instructor and realize you're still SLOOOOWWW. But it's still a blast.

Yeah, 10-4 on the reason. If I was on salary w/ some company, I suppose I can take a vacation or sick day and go to the track. But, I'm self-employed, bill my clients in 15 min increments; as such, I stand to lose too much money if I take a full weekday off (not to mention spending money on that day).

For that reason, haven't had a vacation in over 6 years (other than weekend getaways) and haven't gone to what-appears-to-be-very-fun BMW M driving school (I think it's Thurs & Fri, and due to the timezone difference, you gotta fly out from LA on Wed morning - that's 3 whole days with no billable income!).

Gotta keep plugging away to pay for the things that have monthly obligations.
BRP 1:56 | CVR 2:01 | ACS 1:53 | WSIR 1:34
Appreciate 0