View Single Post
      04-21-2007, 01:13 PM   #12
carnuts3
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiss_cornholio View Post
I wasn't even going for the ridiculous price difference (we overpay 50% so that every American bum can afford a European luxury car)...

I was actually more interested in why some dealers would get their customers to get on a "list" and pay a deposit for a car of which not even the specs are out (they are now, but it already started before).
First: American bum - afford? This American bum doesn't need your subsidy to buy a European luxury car - but obviously if it comes my way I'm not going to turn it down.

Second: My dealer didn't "get" me on the waiting list for the M3. I asked to be included and as a courtesy (good business practice), he included me. This obviously gives me first dibs when the car becomes available. Sure, my salesperson could have shrugged me off and told me to come back at the appropriate time. He certainly doesn't need my order to make a sale when the M3 finally arrives. But, if he wants my loyalty (my repeat business and customer referrals), he will treat me with the respect I deserve as a valued customer.
Appreciate 0