View Single Post
      11-19-2021, 12:37 PM   #19
ProjektAutoScott
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3reid View Post
Holy shit dude. I have a 2008 E92 M3 with 98k miles on it, brought it in to have VC gasket warrantied and to investigate a misfire issue....cylinder 8 was at 54 psi

Turns out injector 8 was stuck open and oil washing cylinder wall. Engine still runs and idles. Currently debating the Carbahn 4.2L stroker build or just selling it for $10k and shooting myself. Cheers to shitty luck mate. What did you end up doing?
Must be said, obviously run it anymore unless you want to risk hydrolocking! Replace the injectors for $14 a piece with Bosch OEM, if you haven’t already. If your rotating assembly is OK, you’ll fair much better than many.

I’ll buy it right now for $10K if you are serious lol! I’ll gladly buy another M3. I now have a 2011 e93 that I am loving. The 2009 e90 engine is awaiting the machining. I am attempting to save the block, and work with a shop that knows Alusil well/was willing to work on the bad cylinder. An iron sleeved build is not in the cards for this car and I disagree with many on the forum who believe that is the only option. I just want the car to run somewhat smoothly again, with stock internals. Willing to be a guinea pig here, I do all of my own labor anyway. If it doesn’t work, I’ll get a new block. I plan to update the thread with the named shop in a few months or so when the car is back together and has been running for some time.

If you rely on the car, and you are paying for the work to be done, I can see why it would make sense to just go big and have CarBahn do the job. If you want to sell your car, seriously PM me your price.
Appreciate 0