View Single Post
      09-04-2012, 11:57 AM   #19
Omerta
rev limiter abuser
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 E90 M3

I used them on the track for the first time. I arrived just in time for the drivers meeting as always and whatever group I may be in at a given track it always seems that my group is first on the track after the meeting. So I did not have time to do a pad swap right then so I went out with the ST performance pads. I was on a track I haven't been to in 10 years so I wasn't that hard on the brakes the first couple sessions. The Trophy kit with its supplied pads was a very noticeable improvement over stock. It initially felt like I had double the stopping power and absolutely no fade in the first session. In the second session I was more comfortable building up more speed and moving up my braking points and the ST pads didn't fade until the end of a 20min session and it was minimal. Finally before the 3rd session I was able to swap the DTC70/60 combo. I am on PSS street tires and it seemed that I could not get the rear up to the same temp as the front but it was only an issue if the car was unloaded in a heavy braking area. I am not going to change anything with the pad and rubber combo until I get more time and a better feel for what I am using for now. Now I need to work on not braking so early so much and over slowing the car. I am happy with the trophy kit, my friend showed me how to swap pads on one corner and I did the rest in no time at all. It helps when you have all of the needed tools right in front of you and it is even easier once you wear the pads down a little. My only complaint about the trophy kit is that it is brand new, only seen about 1000 street miles and two track days and the black paint in the lettering is already cracking off and the bolts for the bridges are starting to warp from the heat and I was on a tight technical track that is not that hard on the brakes.