06-30-2011, 11:21 AM   #47
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M760/G83M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAA-C63 View Post
Do you see any drawbacks with the E93? Two potential issues mentioned to me in another forum were lack of visibility with the top up, and too much wind with the top down.
See:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raz335 View Post
Lack of visibility? There's no B pillar and the rest of the window dimensions are pretty much the same as the E92. So the E93 has more visibility if anything.
E93 Has better visbility than the sedan and coupe. Whenever I get an e90/92 rental, I have to triple check before changing lanes as I'm not used to have a B pillar in the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAA-C63 View Post
Also, any reliability concerns? We've had more maintenance/repair issues with our BMWs than our MBs, but I know this tends to depend on the specific model and model year of the car.
If you get a 335i, you should worry about reliability. The M3 is solid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raz335 View Post
And as for the wind issue, like Kerry said, it's less windy with the top down (especially with a wind deflector) then an E92 with the windows open.
I love how I can roll with the top down, wind deflector up, windows up, and enjoy the fresh air. Where in a coupe/sedan (any car), you get too much wind, especially in your face. Hence why if I have a coupe/sedan, I'd need a sunroof.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poleposition View Post
If you plan to track the car at all, which it doesnt seem like you do, then the vert isnt the right choice.
I disagree with you completely. The e93 may not be as light as an E90/92, but it's still extremely fun on the track and capable of getting comparable times.
My times on the track are similar to some E90/92s, slower than some, and faster than some. Most events allow an e93 since it's a hardtop with a built-in roll-over protection. You probably won't be breaking any records, but you will have a lot of fun at 7-8k RPM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quattro98 View Post
You might also want to look at a used M6 convertible.
Sick car but I doubt he wants a soft-top

Last edited by persian54; 06-30-2011 at 11:59 AM..
Appreciate 0