View Single Post
      05-25-2012, 06:23 AM   #57
RedlineTuning
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3

I purchased the ZHP knob a while back from Tischer - used it for 5 seconds and knew it wouldn't ever be coming off. Then I discovered the whole thread on DIY ZHP (swapping the LED board from your hollow stock knob and putting it in the ZHP). I was then at the end of that thread where someone mentioned the German ebay seller who mod's the ZHP's...

Trust me, for $30 more than Tischer, you get the exact same ZHP knob, but lit.

Pull off your stock knob and boot, cut the leather off up near the knob. Reinstalling takes minutes, just wire up the new knob (being careful to leave a bit of slack in the wires inside the knob so that when you pull it off it doesn't rip the wires off the LED board. To me, not having the lit M logo is fine for nearly $100. It takes 15 minutes and looks just like the photos above.

I wouldn't go back.
///M3 2008 Coupe - Melbourne Red, BMW Performance front splitter and rear spoiler, Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust w/carbon tips, MS StageII intake, Vossen CV7 20"x9" front 20"x10.5" rear, AiB LED Halo, full interior LED lighting, ZHP shift knob (lighted), black grilles & side lights, 09+ NAV controller, ...
Appreciate 0