View Single Post
      11-01-2007, 11:58 AM   #19
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoltz View Post
No they don't BMW changed it for this year. Go to BMW USA Website and look. The E60 5er has them like the E92, but the E60 M5 has them tacked on as you describe below and we have seen in pics of supposed US Spec E92 M3.
Aha, yes, I did forget about the E60 facelift in March. I admit I had not paid attention to what changed there. I wonder (if you happen to know) - what has been the speculation on the forums as to why BMW changed this? It seems an odd choice to me from an aesthetic point of view - though it may well save cost as far as now having a US specific bumper vs. the old US specific headlight assembly. And I suppose some folks like being able to just remove the recflector (M5, M3?) or just paint it (5, 3).

It seems very probably that the facelifted (MY2009) E90 3 will also get the bicycle reflectors as well.

Quote:
Yes, that's what he was talking about and given that those are the same as the E60 M5 its basically gauranteed that's what we'll see on the E92 M.
All but guaranteed, yes. There is another thread about with pics from (if I recall) a Canadian BMW site that showed the M3 with E92-style bicycle reflectors. It was not an actual IRL photograph however, so its not exactly any strong counter-evidence.
Appreciate 0