View Single Post
      12-28-2011, 08:50 PM   #55
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Did you use a harsh chemical to clean your wheels or wash your wheels without cooling off the brakes first? Not rinsing off the wheel cleaner completely and allow the caliper to go through heat cycles can potentially cause the same finish damage.

We have installed Trophy BBK's on our project cars ever since they were available with zero finish quality issues. Our RTA track car was consistently exposed to rotor glowing heat and yet the finish stood up to the torture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PINHEAD View Post
thank god I got brembo instead of stoptech.

I thought the trophy kits special dull finish was suppose to be more "resistant" than the painted ones. I guess not. Ive abused my previous Brembo BBK after 20-30 track days and the finish was not even slightly faded..dinged up but not faded.

thumbsdown to stoptech IMO. Brembo FTW
Brembo or Stoptech the painted finish have never stood up to track use. At the speed and times we are turning, both Brembo and Stoptech will start to turn yellow after just one day of track time.

Last edited by HP Autosport; 12-28-2011 at 08:57 PM..
Appreciate 0