Thread: Lots of stares?
View Single Post
      09-09-2008, 09:45 AM   #41
MacDaddy
Rep
Drives: e93 M3

At first, I thought the M3 would be so commonplace that most of the Europeans would igonore it, but on my ED it was funny to see just how much of an impact it made.

I was waiting in line to make a left-hand turn at a light in Bad Gastein. One young man made the turn from the opposite direction and stopped dead in the street. His window was rolled down and he was biting his knuckle so hard I could see white. He was trying to slap his friend on the shoulder to look at my car, but only succeeded in slapping his face each time he tried to turn to the driver's side. Would have made a good Three Stooges episode. I had the top down and just gave a smart salute and pulled on through the turn.

At another time, I had pulled into one of the many overlooks to take in one of the Alpine lake views (I'm ready to relocate). I had a burly guy riding in a Mercedes bop up and start the 360 Tango around my car. When I walked back, he started gesturing and talking the local lingo in what was my approximation of the "wanna trade cars" ritual. I only speak English and Bad English, so was only able to get across that while I appreciated his Mercedes I would stick with my ride. He upped the anty by grabbing his wife (girlfriend, mistress, concubine??) and seeming to throw her in to the trade. Before I could decline, she performed the Bavarian Bitch Slap across his face and then slinked to the front of the car and put her arms around me. I turned beet red and tried to retreat with as much dignity as possible. As I was leaving the overlook, I could see them arguing all the way back to their car.
Appreciate 0