Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 340i

Garage List
2016 BMW 340i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by davcrz5 View Post
I just like to start by saying you are right it just your opinion, and you have every right in world to your opinion, this not meant to be pissing match and if you don't care for Lexus vehicles you have every right to voice your opinion. I actual agree with you with your first half of your statement especially part about Lexus not having strong performance image you are right about that and they are trying to change image it will take some time.

But the second half of your statement is when you lost me when you flip flopped and said that you weren't and I quote [referring their normal cars with sport packages I was talking more about cars that could compare to M models] it kind of sounds like cop out to me just my opinion 535iM and 335iM BMW models lost to Lexus GS Sport ,IS350 Sport in these comparison but this doesn't count because what you meant was this only applied to car that could compare to M models interesting. Even though 335 and 535 have dominated there respective category for years and years with every auto mag ,car enthusiast, blog,etc. My friends and fellow enthusiast considering 335 to be a very capable sporty car and with chip, tune and down pipe give stock M3 or ISF a run for there money just my opinion.

As far as C63AMG and M3 getting way more of the spot light yes they do. The M3 has been around over 20yrs, AMG Merc's have also bee around over 20yrs as well with both of these cars helping to define the segment.Where as ISF is new kid on block having only been around now for 6yrs with roughly 11,000 total world wide sales for past 6 yrs. Many non car enthusiast don't even know what ISF is, let alone that it has 5.0 V8. Will just have to agree to disagree once for now.

Happy Holidays, hey RJD598 since your such fan of ISf here some pics of mine lol just kidding.

2011 ISF with PPE jet hot coat ceramic Headers, Joe-Z Intake and stainless cat back exhaust -cats, AFE hi flow filter, skicky sway
Once again you make some great points and I'm glad we both had a very civilized and mature discussion. I said earlier in this thread that I'll give credit to a car when it deserves it regardless of brand and my hats off to Lexus for beating out 3/5 series. I have no problem with that and I don't even find it hard to believe. Believe it or not I have a friend who was in the market for a new car and I told him to consider the new IS. The IS has always been a very good looking model in it's class compared to 3 series , c class, and a4. It's always stood out at least for me. Stock for stock they have beautiful designs and it doesn't fall short for the IS-F. Yours is pretty badass and I'm sure it sounds awesome as well
Appreciate 0