12-28-2013, 11:23 AM   #21
M3AG
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3 ZCP, 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottoblotto View Post
I dont think there is a setting built into the menu (at least not in the pre 2011s). People that want to get rid of this feature have to have it coded into the car. Some of the other features can probably be modified via coding as well, such as auto headlight on sensitivity, possibly amount of dimming on mirrors, ect. Get with some of the folks here in the forum that do coding and bounce some ideas off of them to see what can be done. Go into the "Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav" section and do some research.

A few of these issues can be resolved by reading the manual... Someone already addressed that.

But other things I cannot understand either such as the functionality of the wiper sensor and the lack of actual intermittent wipers and the "hidden" LED on the stalk. My wifes X5 has the same thing and it is even worse than the M3. At least in the car it works a bit better. I always have to hit the stalk in her car.
Change the "Auto-Lock" settings in iDrive do the trick. It's on Page 35 owner's manual, "Lock after Start to Drive". I agree with you on the wiper settings.
Appreciate 0