BKap08
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comet View Post
I agree with this
Usually I check out my favorite chains at the destination, if they have a hotel, I'll just book with them (Park Hyatt/ maybe grand Hyatt/ Four Seasons) if not, I ask the travel agency to recommend me something. They know my likes and dislikes.
But I have had screw ups due to the agency and the hotel was very uncooperative to fix the issue. Usually the compromise I offer is "I wanted a room with X, how about you just take the cash, apply it to the room that DOES have X, and I pay the difference if it exists". They are not very hospitable (pun not intended) about these things.
exactly, when i first started working at the hotel the first thing they told me was to never adjust or alter anything related to third party/pre paid reservations. The prices that travel agencies get from the hotel are usually 15-20% lower than the standard rate. We offer 10% discounts for AAA, AARP, and if anyone is going to the stanford hospital(located 3 miles away). knocking off a few extra bucks to ensure we get the sale rather than someone else is never a problem. At the end of the day our hotel succeeds based on if we fill all the rooms, not higher prices.

|2010 E90 LCI 328i|Matte Black grilles|35% Ceramic Tint|Black Chrome Varrstoen ES2|ST Coilovers|Mtech Front Bumper|
Appreciate 0