View Single Post
      05-05-2008, 12:44 PM   #53
mrwma237
Polytech Trooper
Rep
Drives: 2018 F36 440i Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by nespharym View Post
Doing over 110mph in the Carpool Lane, driving alone, with obvious mods, and was let go without a ticket.

Guess the officer liked my sticker scheme!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tag824 View Post
He says that his buddy with the 7 was the one who took the pics yet you can see in the first pic the cop talking to the guy in the 7. And how do you pull two cars over? And where are the other 2 335's the OP claims he was following? Oh wait, they must be the smart ones who knew a single cop can't pull over several cars...

Nothing adds up, I call
Umm...from that angle, it looks like you're traveling southbound on the 405. To be exact, you're probably just either 20 yards passed the Rosecran exit sign, the next coming exit would be Inglewood. In between Rosecran and Inglewood, it's about 1/4 mile of separation with a 20 and 30 degrees bend.

From the look of the picture, it must've been a beautiful day, so I would assume many people are out and about going for a nice day drive? So it brings the question, how were you going over 110mph with all that traffic?
It's also a little weird that you got pulled over by LA county sheriff, as opposed to CHP.

Though most people who live around the area or familiar with the Southbay fwys, know that there is a possibility that you had a chance to gun your sticker mobile to 110 if you were merging on from the 105E. Since the 105E bound merger to 405s have less potential traffic (largely because the 105 fwy starts from that point), you might probably get a chance to gun your car on the merger for about 1/8 of a mile. Assuming that's true, does that mean you hit over 110mph on the 405 for about like less than 10 seconds and then got pulled over?

I'd say your luck is actually pretty bad if all that were true.