View Single Post
      12-09-2015, 03:13 PM   #75
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep
Drives: 335 e93

Quote:
Originally Posted by fecurtis View Post
Ah I see, so the state of Virginia has exactly 0 republicans in it and Maryland has exactly 0 democrats in it? Got it.

This would be true if it weren't wrong. Plus it has nothing to do with states having no legal authority to not allow refugees in. Matters related to immigration and refugees is a federal government responsibility, not a state government one. This was ruled by the USSC in Hines v. Davidowitz. Once the Federal Government wants to open it's doors to x number of refugees, states have no legal authority to do otherwise. Pretty cut and dry.

Syrian refugees actually go through more security screenings than any other refugee due to the additional risk.

I'm more worried about those becoming radicalized who are already US citizens. Like I said, no one in their right mind would wait 12-24 months for the hope of being allowed into the US (because even if you apply, the odds are still slim you'd actually be allowed in) just to say "finally, now I can hatch my plan". Do you think they sit there and give updates like "Hey boss, sorry, the timetable to blow myself up in a restaurant got push back 6 months...the FBI wants to interview me....again and the DHS lost my forms.....again".

I'm far more worried about those who travel via visas to nearby countries like central America and try to sneak into the US that way. They've already arrested 4 in Honduras trying to do exactly that. Some have also been arrested in Texas who hopped the border.
1. That doesn't matter. They only track them for 6 months and there is no screening process. It doesn't exist if you aren't on the grid or here with fake documents
2 I am too. Why are we worried? Cause we aren't there kicking the their teeth in. People wouldn't be drawn to a cause domestically if they knew they'd be dead by dawn.
3. So seal the border and stop the illegals from coming here. Not hard to do physically. Just politically.
Appreciate 0