12-09-2015, 03:07 PM   #72
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundguy1 View Post
1 if they were all in a state saying come here, they'd be killing democrats because only Democrat leaning states have said OK.
Ah I see, so the state of Virginia has exactly 0 republicans in it and Maryland has exactly 0 democrats in it? Got it.

Quote:
2 constitutional rights apply to US citizens, not foreign citizens in other countries who are trying to come here.
This would be true if it weren't wrong. Plus it has nothing to do with states having no legal authority to not allow refugees in. Matters related to immigration and refugees is a federal government responsibility, not a state government one. This was ruled by the USSC in Hines v. Davidowitz. Once the Federal Government wants to open it's doors to x number of refugees, states have no legal authority to do otherwise. Pretty cut and dry.

Quote:
3 I don't hate an entire group unless Islamic radicals count. And since there is no way to separate them out, or vette those trying to come here, there's no reason to let them come. There's plenty of others patiently waiting in line from any number of friendly countries. Why do I all of a sudden need to give a risky group preferential or even equal treatment? When did taking the high road overtake common sense?
Syrian refugees actually go through more security screenings than any other refugee due to the additional risk.

I'm more worried about those becoming radicalized who are already US citizens. Like I said, no one in their right mind would wait 12-24 months for the hope of being allowed into the US (because even if you apply, the odds are still slim you'd actually be allowed in) just to say "finally, now I can hatch my plan". Do you think they sit there and give updates like "Hey boss, sorry, the timetable to blow myself up in a restaurant got push back 6 months...the FBI wants to interview me....again and the DHS lost my forms.....again".

I'm far more worried about those who travel via visas to nearby countries like central America and try to sneak into the US that way. They've already arrested 4 in Honduras trying to do exactly that. Some have also been arrested in Texas who hopped the border.
Appreciate 0