12-19-2012, 03:57 PM   #721
amanda hor$t
Banned
Rep
Drives: a380

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litos View Post
eh, 26 could be late 20'sish lol.

26 was my first pop tart - i think i was older when i had oatmeal.

but here is the cool backstory, bro.

i grew up in the trailer park - only mexican kid there.

oatmeal was too white for us to eat and pop tarts were to expensive and cosidered a "luxury".

my mom would never think about making us food from a box, so the only time i saw hamburger helper was during those stupid commercials on tv with the white glove acting like an asshole....

we would eat eggs, home made tortillas, cereal, pancakes, chorizo and other stuff for breakfast.

for dinner we would eat some more home made stuff made from either chicken, fajita steak, rice or beans.

rice and beans is still one of my favorite dishes - just a freaking plate of mexican rice and home made beans
cool story, a real tear jerker

never made it to the trailer park, but grew up in the asian ghetto (next to east l.a.) around all the hooligans while i was the only real nerd.

was allowed 1 pair of shoes a year. there was a time where my dad did a "road repair" on my busted sneakers. the mexican kids noticed and had a ball. they're probably packing my fries now, or selling shoes. mom cooked most meals, did well with what was available. dad was out of town often, a struggling businessman. one time, he bought a yard full of used electronics, picked out all the gold scraps, ended up with a solid gold baseball a year later. we didn't get cable tv until i was in h.s.

and that is the secret: squeezing water from rocks

cliffs: you don't need a ferrari to be a prick, but you'll sound better

Last edited by amanda hor$t; 12-19-2012 at 04:08 PM..
Appreciate 0