01-25-2007, 08:43 AM   #79
ganeil
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr325i View Post
So if the CO2 concentration by the end of 21st century really reaches 1200 ppm (according to NASA above), you think that the temperature will only rise by 1.7 degrees (0.17C/dec). Why would the Green Gas (CO2), that constitutes a large portion of Venus atmosphere, increase by 4x if the only thing we're seeing is the "Sun's phase"?
You assume that the models used by the IPCC are accurate and that their worst case scenario will come to pass. There are major problems with the methodology used by the IPCC and the assumptions they made in their models.

Here is one major flaw:
Regarding these models, the Third Assessment’s Summary claims that:

“Confidence in the ability of models to project future climate has increased. Understanding of climate processes and their incorporation in climate models have improved, including water vapour, sea-ice dynamics, and ocean heat transport.”

Yet Dr. Richard S. Lindzen, professor of meteorology at MIT and a lead author of Chapter 7 of the TAR, commented on this claim:

“This statement summarizes a chapter which points out that all these things are done poorly, and that no model comes close to realistically depicting clouds. Moreover, clouds and water vapor are so intimately related that it is inconceivable that one would get water vapor right and clouds wrong. It also ignores that it is the behavior of water vapor and clouds (the atmosphere’s main greenhouse substances) are responsible for model predictions of large warming. Increased CO2 alone, will produce little warming (about 1 degree Celsius for a doubling of CO2). This point is made in Chapter 7.”

1974 2002tii
1978 320i
2007 328i
Appreciate 0