armyav8tor
n1smo
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by consolidated View Post
There are lots of people here who would love to see a sub 8 minute lap. No offense, but I have a feeling it's a lot harder than you think even on Cups.
No offense taken, here's my take on it. I was within 15 sec of that goal in traffic and when the tires/brakes were still decent back in 08. In my last trip, the best I could do was 8:17 BTG with almost no traffic. Tires make a huge difference, the 8:05 full lap time done by Sport Auto were on Cup tires (I wonder if they were on stock pads). The final straight takes 20-25 sec to complete, so in theory, a BTG time of 7:40 is attainable under good conditions (ie. closed circuit). The M3 is so easy to drive, so neutral, that I believe I could get under 8 min without breaking a sweat if I had a clear track and better tires. Too bad I didn't listen to the wife and switch out the rotors and tires before the last trip or we might be watching a sub 8 min lap from me (I'm sure somebody will post one sooner or later, I've seen sub 8 min laps from CSLs). I was hoping they would last until I got back to the States but the car was undriveable after that weekend and I ended up changing them anyway.
Appreciate 0