09-06-2011, 02:58 PM   #19
BMRLVR
Grease Monkey
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3,1994 Euro E36 M3/4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wall$treet View Post
If you guys think it sounds good then enjoy! To each their own. I can just tell you the majority of people think of an old beater when they hear that backfiring pop sound but if you like that then great!
I don't mean any offense by this but with every additional post you make you have me scratching my head

Almost every high performance car makes the popping sound, it is just not as noticeable with quieter exhausts. A 911 GT3, Ferarri 458, Lamborghini Gallardo, Audi R8 etc. (the list goes on and on) make popping/backfiring sounds. Shit, even the 2012 Mustang 5.0 rental that I have been driving for the last few weeks makes popping sounds on deceleration and upshifts. I don't think any of the above cars qualifies as a beater. I understand opinions are just that, but I don't think you will get many people to agree with your opinion.

To the OP: Congrats on the Akra!!! I have had the Akra Evo on my car for over a year now and I can tell you you won't find a better exhaust on the market if nice sound, good performance gain, quality/fittment, looks, and a lack of drone/excessive cabin noise are important to you. I think there are some other systems out there that may have a nicer tone than the Akra however none is as good an overall compromise.

Last edited by BMRLVR; 09-06-2011 at 03:21 PM..
Appreciate 0