partlowr
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smg Ftw View Post
partlow,

On behalf of the Supercar Saturdays team we welcome all events that build the Chicagoland Car Enthusiast network.

Unfortunately from what I've been reading on recent posts I have noticed that you have had a bad experience at Supercar Saturdays. I apologize for that personally. We try very hard to make this an event for everyone and do not turn away any cars from attending our events. Unfortunately certain parking spots are limited and those are filled up very quickly.(We've had people show up at 6am before waiting for parking) We don't turn away cars based on their sticker price or their makes. We have always tried to be true to ourselves and continue to keep this an event for all enthusiasts. Be it the import scene/ domestic scene/ stance scene/ exotics/ touring coupes or even the Off-roaders. Open to all! And that's the way we will always keep it. We consider a Supercar any of those as for everyone believes their car is special to them.

If you want to talk about things to improve your experience at SCS this season feel free to contact me. We are always up for suggestions.

Sincerely,
Bogus @ SupercarSaturdays
No worries, and yes, a couple of my friends pointed me over to the pissing match on 6Speed between my good friend Jim and several members over there. I have attended a few of your events, they are nice events and there are always some awesome cars in attendance but I don't quite buy your excuse on your parking situation. Every time my friends and I roll up to your event there are still dozens and dozens of empty preffered spots yet we get pointed out to a general overflow lot. I can send you e-mail confirmations from you(or whomever respondes to them) responding to my e-mail requests for preffered parking but none of us ever seem to get it. To be perfectly honest that is the single biggest reason we decided to start organizing our own events this year. Not wanting to compete with you we decided Sundays would work better and based on the approximate 50-60 e-mail responses we have recieved in less than 2 weeks and people chiming in on the various forums that will be attending we expect to have a nice turnout for our first event.

No hard feelings, we just decided to give it a go on our own and try out something new.

P.S. FYI, I am not the only person who has experienced this at your events, probably close to half of the e-mails we recieved have people knocking your event in one way or another, the two biggest gripes are people who are promised preffered parking and never get it and people that feel they are 2nd class citizens becuase they did not roll up in an F car or Lambo.
Appreciate 0