Garage List
1994 325is Race Car  [0.00]
2011 BMW Z4  [0.00]
1998 M3 Coupe  [0.00]
2008 M3 Coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M2381 View Post
From a different perspective here.

I have only driven stick shift twice in my entire life, but I chose a 6MT for my car. Why? Because the times I did drive stick shift was the time I had the most fun and felt closest to the car.

Yes, it has been proven that you may get a better track time or a better 0 to 60 time in the M-DCT but in my PERSONAL opinion you may not have as much fun as you would in a manual car. And yes, there ARE some good drivers out there who can get a perfect shift everytime and congratulations! good for you. Change is usually associated as a bad thing for a lot of people so some people should also be a little more understanding.

Mostly everyone has good logical arguments so why don't we just keep it at that? Instead of making personal attacks and comments. If everyone just respected each other and held back that "smart comment" we would all get along a lot better...

I means its not like we're here arguing about a merc and a bmw...we are all GETTING the same 4 liter V8 so why can't we all just be a little more understanding of each other?
Very well said: for me I've been driving stick longer than some folks on here have been alive. I love driving stick, but on this car the technology of this new generation of transmission along with the precision shifting provided by DCT outweighed the fun of stick. I think the DCT will be just as fun to drive and will make the 8400 rpm redline of the motor even more usable. The motor is still connected to the drive wheels by a mechanical solid connection and there won't be any of the hated slushbox hydraulics involved that IMHO make automatics uninvolving and isolating for the driver of such cars.

In the end its a matter of preference. If my choice had been 6MT vs a real automatic tranny, 6MT would have been my choice without hesitation.