05-21-2008, 02:05 PM   #2
Expired
Fanatic
United_States
Rep
Drives: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranzporter View Post
My best friend is currently in the USMC, he has completed 1 year and has 4 more to go. His "girlfriend" and him have been on/off for a couple of years now, and now he's thinking about getting engaged to her when he comes home in June. He's 20 and she's 18

Myself, as well as my other friends are concerned about this situation because she is a psycho controlling bitch and I don't think he should commit to something this drastic. For instance, if she doesn't like one of his friends, she will find a way to make them not friends anymore just so she's happy. Yeah... can you say evil bitch?! She also smokes A LOT of weed, which I think my friend doesn't need to be around that shit.

I think he is emotionally insecure and is just taking this huge step so he has some type of closure since he is 1000+ miles away from his g/f (San Diego).

What should I say to him? How would you word things in a way that wouldn't offend him if you were me?
Fuck That Shit.
What you need to do is tell him how it is regardless of hurting his feelings. Tell him everything, and don't skimp on the details even though it might make him mad. Thats what a true friend would do.

Tell him he's going to fuck up his life, committing to some girl that he hardly ever see's and is going to be stuck with for the rest of his life unless she takes him for what he's worth. She's just going to spend all of the money he sends back over, and leave him left with nothing when he returns.. -___-
Tell him to invest in himself, and his future. Fuck her.

It sounds like hes getting married just for the sake of being married, which never turns out well.

-Nathan