View Single Post
      04-18-2007, 06:44 PM   #1
AndrewAZ
Major
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quick observation

I have not been here long, but it seems that every once in a while we get a new person that asks a question that has been answered over and over. Thats fine they are probably new to the online forums also. But what I hate is when people are a dick to them and tell them to use the search function, just answer the question then politely suggest that maybe using the "search" function can help them out down the line. Personally I would rather have noobs ask the same question every week rather than reading the my car can beat ____ car..

One thing about the search, if you do a search for a simple thing changes are you wont find it or you get a bunch of topics made by other noobs that tell you to search and you cant find the answer..

We had a recent topic about DRL, and everyone was telling him to do a search, well I have had several people PM me asking for help turing off DRL even after searching for how to do it (which is fine I dont mind it at all feel free to PM me about anything). I know a lot of you are 16-25 years old and using the BC computer or iDrive is as easy as breathing but some older folks even when reading the manual cant figure it out so lets be nice.

Also a suggestion of a sticky which contains FAQ about the E9X car on the most common asked question. If we do that and someone still asks then I say flame away.

Last thing I want to say, We were all once noobs so lets not be rude to others and lets make this a good community to be a part of.
Appreciate 0