06-04-2008, 01:53 PM   #70
BM3W!
///M3 Power
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpine White '08 M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW-M-Mexico View Post
OK, just talked to the tuners, here´s the scoop on the C63 AMG. No way you can get 65 additional bhp’s from the chip. They literally said that is “waaaay to high”, they are getting about 20bhp and they can do that for $1,495. They are currently producing headers as well with 200 cell metal cats that are $4,200.00 (5 hours labor to install these) and they believe they may get perhaps 50bhp total (ECU + headers) with all this. If anyone says they can get 65 from the chip alone, they are lying!!! The SL63 makes 518bhp SAE (525bhp DIN) due to improved headers, downpipes and exhaust as well as a slightly improved intake. The CLK Black Series is around 505bhp.
For the record, I was just quoting from memory the figure I read regarding how the engine was detuned from the 6.3 in the higher end benzes. I wasn't sure if it was a electronic detuning or if it was related to parts as well. I thought maybe, although not probably, they detuned it electronically and you could unlock that through a flash. The more I think about it though, the more I realize how ridiculous that would be lol. Still, even unleashing another 20 hp would be nice, and should be somewhat noticeable.

Anyway, thanks for the info bro.
DailyD- Alpine White '08 E92 M3 Coupe Loaded w/ ALL, but w/ 6MT - *4 real men* 19" Wheels- 1xJL Audio 12w6v2 in H.O. box- JL 500/1v2-2 Farad Digital Hybrid Cap w/sub volume & bass boost controls mounted under dash! Blk Kdny Grls + more 2 come! *Sold! -'01 E46 Cosmos Blk M3 w/99,997 HARD miles on it! *Coming soon -911C2S/C4S,or C63AMG. Choices! AMG is Beast of difernt flavr even my GF could drive,where Pcar is similar 2 my current M3
Appreciate 0