05-12-2010, 05:00 AM   #13
MMMorish
Just call me J.J. McClure
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & C4 Corvette

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos888 View Post
DVP is more than hilly enough to get bad drone with the GTS. Toronto has it's hilly areas. If you had the GTS you would know the drone. Glad you don't.

I'm asking around. Hopefully I'll get to hear it in person. Until then I'm pretty happy with my modded OEM.
You must have visited Toronto before. Yeah, the DVP has it's hills, but I live in Vaughan (city just north of Toronto) and work about 10 mins from home, so I don't get many hills on my average daily commute.

Yeah, I remember Billy at Vivid telling me the same thing about the GTS, that it droned. Kind of sucks because on the YouTube clips it sounds really nice. I encourage you to hear the GT, you'll like it. Driving in to work this morning I actually remembered this thread and kept the car at 3000rpm on the highway and the drone is such a low volume humm that most people wouldn't ever notice it.
MODS: Meisterschaft GT Racing Exhaust / BMC Air Filter / UUC SSK & DSSR (Modded)/ RPI Scoops / Passport SRX Hardwired / Custom Wrap 3M Clearbra / 20% Tint / 50% Windshield Tint / Key Hole Delete / Matted Out Accessories / VRS Type II Diffuser / Smoked Reflectors / Euphoria 6K LED Interior Lights / Rear Fog Light Mod / 6000K HID's / 6500K LUX H8 Angel Eyes / RDash License Plate LED Kit / LED Xenon Reverse Lights
"M3 drivers have no friends"
Appreciate 0