View Single Post
      05-10-2010, 02:03 AM   #4
chaos888
Private
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by armorrig View Post
Good to know about your experience. I wonder, isn't the GTS supposed to be on the quieter side compared to the GT or GT2? I guess you are getting a lot of drone because you have DCT? I have GT on my 6mt, the drone is very minimal if at all.
GTS is supposed to be a little quieter than the GT. Maybe the difference in gearing is causing it so it's perfectly in the drone sweet spot. Doesn't seem likely though since I was getting drone when the engine was under enough load.

My theory after reading all the research done by the guys that modified their stock exhausts, specifically info from Dinan about their exhaust, is because the GTS is a straight through design with a Y for the duel tips it drones. If the GTS had a single tip per side like the Dinan, it probably wouldn't have droned as badly, if at all. I'm just guessing since I've never heard Dinan's exhaust in person.

The GT and GT2 are more like the stock design with 90 degree bends that reduces drone (simplification - you'll have to read the Dinan doc).

Maybe I would've been okay with a GT. Who knows? I'd be afraid to do get a GT without hearing it in person first.
Appreciate 0