View Single Post
      05-09-2010, 06:27 PM   #1
chaos888
Private
Rep
Drives: M3

Meisterschaft/GT Haus Feedback

Short Story - Bought a Meisterschaft GTS from GT Haus, wasn't 100% satisfied with it, GT Haus took it back and gave me a full refund.

Long Story - I wasn't happy with the stock exhaust on my e90 M3. Inside, it sounded boring and generic. Outside, it sounded okay but I wanted something more aggressive and sporty.

I spent a lot of time watching YouTube videos and the Meisterschaft sounded the best to me. I didn't want a "sport" exhaust because they all sounded pretty much stock to me. The Eisenmann Race sounded pretty good too, very close to the Meisterschaft, but it was also more expensive. From what I could find out, both had drone which I wasn't happy about. Most said it was "livable" though.

I called GT Haus and based on what I was looking for, the GTS was the one I ordered. I wanted the GT2 sound but didn't want a super loud exhaust. I questioned the salesman about the drone and he claimed it did have drone but it was "the good kind" (there's no such thing). I was able to get a great deal on the GTS so I decided to go for it. The salesman was confident I'd have great feedback for the unit.

A week later it arrived and I had it installed. When I first started driving it was LOUD! Too loud. I would've preferred it to be halfway between stock volume and the GTS. Later it got quieter and the volume was actually acceptable to me.

The real problem was the drone. Under certain conditions, the drone was very loud - deafeningly loud. Under load going uphill mainly - which is just about everywhere where I live. On the freeway it was impossible to have a conversation with passengers when cruising at 80 in 7th gear if the road was inclined even a little. Going 70 or 90 and all of a sudden it was okay. There were even situations on the freeway when you could barely hear the exhaust. But once the road started going up the drone kicked in badly.

I've only ever had one other aftermarket exhaust before, a long time ago. I never bought another until the GTS because the drone was too annoying and it was less than a quarter of the volume of the GTS's drone!

The initial installation happened on the weekend and I called them right away on the Monday. I wasn't calling looking for a refund, I just wanted to give them my feedback since they were so confident it would be positive. I was resigned to the fact that I would have to sell it. Well after telling them what I thought, they offered to take it back and give me a refund. It was a pleasant surprise.

I actually had the exhaust on for about a week because I couldn't get an appointment immediately to get the GTS taken off. GT Haus was cool with it. Once I got it off, I packaged it up good. They had it picked up from my house, hassle-free, they got it back and I got a full refund.

Towards the end, I knew I was going to miss it a little. From the outside the GTS sounds SO GOOD!!! If it wasn't for the drone, I would've kept it. Maybe if I lived in a flatter region or had 6MT I might not have known how bad the drone could be?

Bottom line - The GTS sounds every bit as good as it does in the numerous YouTube videos (if you're into it's sound) but it drones.

GT Haus rocked the house with great customer service - from beginning to end.
Appreciate 0