12-19-2007, 04:09 AM   #13
swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zareh123 View Post
This finally explains the GT-R’s suspicious 0-60-mph run and 11.6 at 120.9 mph performance, for a car that wighs 3,836-pound’s and has only a figuer of 473 horses.
Cool. Great information. There are tons of folks here interested in talking about, learning about and arguing about the GT-R. Good post, technically it belongs in the other cars thread but like I said it fits in fine here as well. Given the serious lack of ANY new information on the M3 we are all a bit bored as well so talking about one of the other new and very exciting cars fits in as well.

It sounds like the launch control and DCT together are contributing to the cars fantastic peformance numbers. LC+AWD seems like the keys that are really getting it off the line so quickly. 3.3 s

These pieces of evidence do support the argument (contrary to much of my previous thoughts) that the car may not be under-rated in power. I'd say the jury is still out, but again this is good evidence pointing to a legit power rating.

The details about the LC are certainly relevant to the M3 since once it is equipped with the M-DCT it will have some sort of LC program. It very well could be that the US version of one or both cars will come with their LC "crippled" to some extent. Unleashing this kind of power so violently through the AWD system surely can not be all that healthy for the car, and given the penchant for stop light racing here in the US, a crippled LC may simply be required.

I'm definitely going to run some more simulations to see if I can improve the traction or other transmission parameters to get anywhere close to these times with CarTest. Should be interesting.
Appreciate 0