View Single Post
      01-30-2014, 12:06 PM   #410
Verify
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by whats77inaname View Post
All of those points are debatable, as the word "best" is completely subjective. $2k more than tried and true competitors that have been on the market for a *long* time now is something that *really* has to be considered. To me, each kit has strong point and weak points, making each attractive in its own way. LOVE the IM on the Evolve kit, best one I've seen, bar none. But is that alone worth a $2k price bump? Function over form for me, I'd like to see flow rate for each.
What is debatable about CNC machined parts, more thought going into belt rib Vs belt traction and a solution to belt slip, larger and more efficient A-A intercooler? Those are not debatable.

The individual pieces that make up each respective kit can easily be compared. Its not as if the price is arbitrarily raised over the competition, the value is in quality.

But your not buying individual pieces, your buying a kit. So as a kit, form follows function. You asked for flow rates, we already know a vortech flows about 50cc higher than a rotrex. no big deal in terms of power, maybe a few hp at first glance. But then, again, the total package, A-A IC vs A-W, is the A-A doing a better job at fighting heat? I personally think so given the data we have seen, meaning you keep the power your making and not retarding timing in the IAT tables.

Secondly, the S/C characteristics of each come into play. That rotrex sure does look to come to life about 500-1k rpms sooner than a vortech. Does it matter in a race? maybe, maybe not.
Does it matter on the street when your not going full throttle, I would say so.

I dont intend to stir up another tuner battle, but both have been in the business for a long time, so you can negate your "vs an established company" theory, because they both are.

Buy whichever you like more - or can afford. Noone really cares both are good choices, but there is a market for the differences in any kit you buy.
Appreciate 0