01-30-2014, 11:26 AM   #406
mkPOTO
Mr. Nice Says Hello
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 | X5 xdrive 35i MSport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by whats77inaname View Post
All of those points are debatable, as the word "best" is completely subjective. $2k more than tried and true competitors that have been on the market for a *long* time now is something that *really* has to be considered. To me, each kit has strong point and weak points, making each attractive in its own way. LOVE the IM on the Evolve kit, best one I've seen, bar none. But is that alone worth a $2k price bump? Function over form for me, I'd like to see flow rate for each.
I think it is and here are my reasons for why I choice the Evolve kit over ESS/VF/AA

1. I have been on the market for a supercharger for well over a year, I have seen and first hand experience with many of the kits that were available before the Evolve kit came out. I was really not that impressed. (overall build quality of many and some with the service) For example (and not to state any negative) one of my friends had a ESS kit installed on his E92 M3, and after installing everything the bumper did not sit right and a few others things, not fault of ESS, but turned me off the kit.

2. Customer Service is huge in my book, currently I have been bugging Sal for tweets to my tune and without just ignoring my 100+ emails he takes care of it free of charge. I mean how can you beat that? I believe I have been had over a dozen revisions to my current tune and I am very happy that they have assisted me.

3. A kit that not everyone runs, I was really considering purchasing a VF kit, but after reading reviews and talking to some vendors and my personal experience with VF and there lack of customer service, I just knew that not many (currently only 2 Evolve Setups in the US) are running the kit.

4. The Evolve kit for sure is over engineered, I love it! From my research on Evolve they love to test every component and make sure it will last. I want to be confident in my investment and know that even if I put 1000+ miles on it the components will last and whatever I do have to replace will be minor. I am currently running the Evolve E-tronic, and yes it is a bit higher in price, but when you look at the quality of how it was made and how well things just fit I am happy to dish out the money, knowing that I am purchasing something quality and will last.

You can call me a Fanboy all you want, And I am not going to lie I am one. But when I am treated like a king whenever I have a request or question that makes me happy and I don't mind paying for something I know is quality.
Appreciate 0