03-23-2013, 08:36 PM   #11
krnnerdboy
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: v10 m6

Quote:
Originally Posted by krnnerdboy
Not only does it not compare to the m3 in any way but it also is a down grade compared to the e90 328i. I went to test drive it to replace my wife's 10 328i sport pack. And it was one of the biggest disappointments. The only pros was the updated styling interior/exterior and superior gas mileage. Other than that all of the driving dynamics felt pretty dumbed down and more commuterish than the standard BMW taught feeling. And yes I drove the m-sport.
Lol! I'm quoting myself and contradicting myself at the same time. Just picked up a 328i for my wife's commuter. Took it through the canyons and the suspension is a bit soft but surprisingly very little understeer, which makes it fun to drive. The steering is a huge downgrade from the e90. Where whenever I got behind the wheel of the e90, I'd want to drive hard, but the f30 emits a more muted steering, which causes you to drive slower the car just doesn't poke and prod you to drive enthusiastically as the steering of old. The car is no less capable if not more, but it lost its taught German/ BMW feel. It's become a great commuter that puts down great numbers for mag racers.

Btw bms has cracked 300whp with tube only....

F80 m3, 997 gt3, 14 ram ctd, f15 x5, drz400sm

Gone:z4m, boss 302, c6 z06, m6,z3m
Appreciate 0