06-25-2014, 11:13 AM   #131
NEFARIOUS
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 330xi (TRADED IN)

Garage List
Laptop:
HP ENVY dv7 17" screen, Intel Core i5-2450m, 8GB RAM, Win8.1 64-bit, 750GB HDD, Intel Integrated HD Graphics 4000. Didn't really care about gaming when I bought it, but now I'm kicking myself after my former roommate got me hooked on COD and back into gaming (so far I'm playing other COD series and Splinter Cell, albeit a bit choppy sometimes) .

Desktop:
It was built from the ground up to be a gaming machine in 2005 and I managed to play Doom 3 and HL2 no problem (extra no problem when I had a phase of playing vintage games like Dune, Duke Nukem or Wolfenstein), but that fad quickly passed a year in and has been an occasional file server to this day and a movie rig set up in my living room when I had a 37" Panasonic Viera. Been meaning to upgrade the computer, but then... What's the point?. My new TV (Samsung FS500) doesn't have VGA or DVI, no monitor (fell down a flight of stairs), and since I overwhelmingly prefer lighter devices (e.g. my laptop or tablet), the only time I even use it is just when I need to offload my laptop or find an archived file once every 1-2 months... Even then it's just turn it on until the network drive shows up, then do a proper shutdown invoking TeamViewer. With that, some parts of the computer are even from 2005 and it's almost embarrassing to post its specs.

Self-built with Cooler Master case, Abit IB9 mobo, Intel Pentium D 2.8GHz Socket 775, 6GB RAM, Win8 64-bit (wish it can do 8.1 but there's 2 parameters that the processor doesn't have ), Velociraptor 10KRPM 300GB HDD1, WD 500GB HDD2, Blu-Ray and DVD+/-RW, FDD drive left unplugged until I can get a card reader (just so I don't have an ugly hole from an empty bay but plan to put a card reader in its place), EVGA ATI 256MB PCIE video card (worst spec on this computer).
::THE MACHETE::

Last edited by NEFARIOUS; 07-23-2014 at 04:03 PM.. Reason: Clarification
Appreciate 0