View Single Post
      06-14-2010, 06:26 PM   #1
STALKER
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3, Golf R

Track wheel/tire set up vibration issues. What to do??

I installed my track wheels and tires last week. They are ADVAN RS wheels with Dunlop Star Spec tires, 265/35 and 275/35.
As soon as they were installed, I had a nasty vibration in the steering wheel and the car would pull to the right badly. Any speed over 60mph this would occur. I had an alignment done about a month ago and before the track set up was mounted, it was perfect, no shakes, no pulling and the steering wheel was dead on center.

When I took it back to the shop, they re balanced everything, it was better, but still not perfect. So they ordered two new front tires. Had them mounted and balanced today and its even worse.
Also, if you saw(back and forth) at the wheel at speeds above 50mph, the car is very unstable, feels like it wants to swap ends, not secure feeling at all.

So should I take off the Advans and put back on my RAC wheels to see if all goes back to perfect, or try another shop to balance them? Im concerned because the car feels very unstable and I have a track day coming up this weekend. Looks like I might have to run my street set up.

Could it be a suspension or brake issue, I did do a complete flush of the fluid the same day I installed the track wheels. Perhaps one of the calipers is not releasing?

Suppose to be going to Road Atlanta this weekend, really frustrated.

Thanks.