United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 335

Garage List
2007 e92 335  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feyd View Post
I put it on my 3g yesterday.

It is laggy as fuck and completely not worth it on a 3G... perhaps the 3Gs can actually run it fast enough, but not on an old 3g.

The email threading is cool, but laggy menus/laggy navigaion/just plain laggy performance is a FAIL imo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hl0m4n View Post
i upgraded to ios4 jailbroke and unlocked on a 3g and there is a slight noticable delay when opening anything... maybe the 3gs has no lag but on a 3g i do...

but i can't complain on the overall package of the ios4 so the small delay is no biggie.
do a hard reset twice, the lag should go away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scollins View Post
Updated to iOS4 on my 3GS 32GB, and while I like some of the features, it seems to have messed up my email. I turn "Push" off because it doesn't work for crap, and just have it Fetch every 15 minutes.

The problem is, it DOESN'T fetch every 15 minutes like it is supposed to! It only checks for mail when I launch the app and select any of the inbox options. Only then does it check for mail. If I'm on the "Mailboxes" screen and press the "refresh" icon in the lower left, it doesn't do anything. As a matter of fact, the refresh button doesn't work at all, on any email screen. WTF?
Did you setup as a new phone or restore from a backup?

Quote:
Originally Posted by boymonkey View Post
My gf updated her 3G iPhone to 4.0. Her backup/restore doesn't do its job. After a restore, most of her data is still missing, such as contacts and text messages. Anyone else have that problem? Or have a solution? I haven't been able to find a solution.
Get your contacts off of itunes. use either MobileMe or Google Contacts. Ill let you guess which one is free.
Anyone who can transition seamlessly from defending one vendor and bashing another vendor to bashing the one he formally defended and defending the one he formally bashed has a instant credibility problem.
<---Sign up Now for Bonus Storage! Up to 10gb!
Appreciate 0