Rep

Drives: Harrop M3 / F10 M5 / F82 M4

Garage List
2000 BMW M5  [0.00]
1990 BMW 735i Turbo  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [7.50]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M5  [0.00]
I'm going to take the high road here and just say whatever to the novel you wrote above, even though I do disagree with some of your points of contention. A "flame war" (for lack of a better term) is the last thing I want to get into here. Hence the reason why I stopped going to the fourms awhile ago. People like to argue about nothing - and I don't have the patience nor the time.

Let's just say that the noise is so loud on my car that I can hear it with the radio on and with the windows up.

I can feel the vibrations from this noise comming through the chasis.

Furthermore, the car feels much less stable when it makes this noise through turns. It's sort of a handling threshold indicator. To me, that's the very definition of a defect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobaiyashi View Post
While I don't want this to turn into a war or threadjack too much, sadly I'm not man enough to take the high road so I'll just say this and nothing more, promise.

Your logic is totally indefensible. First, yes, while no one is "forcing" me to read each thread you -- for lack of a better word -- spam with that same sophomoric post, by posting it in several different threads (even those from over a year ago!) you reactivate each thread. That leads people like me to believe there is something new on that issue and re-investigate the thread only to fine your post over and over and over again in each thread. How is that helpful to the discussion? If you had simply started 5 new threads entitled "Mike Benvo's complaints," I'd know not to click on those. Much harder to avoid when you post in already existing threads.

Second, your rationale -- you're spamming so "people can be informed BMW's actions in response to this defect" -- would suggest that everyone should post their response/observations in each of the threads potentially relevant to this issue to ensure that people are informed. Surely you'd agree that it makes more sense for there just to be ONE thread on the issue instead of numerous duplicative ones. That is, after all, why we have the emoticon.

Third, I do not believe that anyone has stated this "defect" is in anyway harmful. In fact, in every thread I have read, people have stated the exact opposite; that this noise is simply an annoyance. Forget the fact that you appear on a quest to have the dealership rebuild your car (that's totally your choice), if you are going to advance the conversation, you could at least explain why you and/or the dealership believe this is a "defect" that is worth expending significant time and resources to address. THAT would be very useful

Fourth, and finally, I apologize if you took my initial message as a personal attack, it was not intended to be as such. However, I enjoy reading and learning from this forum and, as a member, would like to ensure it continues to be a valuable resource. Though I could "close my eyes" and watch it denigrate into something far less useful and far more annoying, I choose the opposite. ()

And now, back to the thread...

-----| Like us on Facebook | Instagram || Tuning Information | Remote Coding |-----
----Visit us at www.BPMSport.com - Emotion. Driven. | Toll Free: (888) 557-5133----

Last edited by BPMSport; 05-01-2009 at 06:26 PM..
Appreciate 0