Thread: dinan 4.10 diff
View Single Post
      03-25-2010, 03:21 AM   #23
BaLLzZz
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

I just spent two hours reading MANY threads on this forum and others with detailed statistics on FD ratio changing.

PLEASE CORRECT ME IF IM WRONG!!!

If I am looking for a 1/4 mile increased time USUALLY with just a 3.62 vs 3.15 or 3.45 I SHOULD get there quicker(all variables being perfect)

I will not gain any power!!!!!!!

It will defiantly FEEL faster and in the dct sense the changing of gears is not as much as a disadvantage as say a MT

Bottom line here is I plan to do a full exhaust from the headers back, A pulley/software, Lighter 18` wheels, intake for the heck of it, and a 3.62 diff

I am a city driver very often but I do like to open my car up on the freeway.

I will have some friends who would like to run it obviously not on the street. But we usually get to speed 150 160 + easily

IN MY CASE ONLY****

I am under the impression I can benefit from that diff

If I am getting 14%+/- more tq BUT need to shift more because I am spending less time in each gear AND less distance traveled in each gear WITH a dct I don't really see where I can possibly lose compared to the stock 3.15

PLEASE I urge you to enlighten me if you have concrete evidence or feeling towards MY case

Thank You

01 e46 m54 - Current : 14 f10 n26 - Boring & Gone : 15 f30 n26 - Current : 08 e92 n54 - Gone & Missed!!!
Appreciate 0