View Single Post
      06-18-2013, 04:52 PM   #11
IrishCoffee
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z K View Post
It happens on occasion but I would say 80% of the time it is fine. Every now and then I can hear lack of bass from the subwoofers. I should mention on the KW EDC modules, I had the subwoofer issue way before I had those installed.
Try this... next time you turn your car on and the bass seems to be working, move your balance from right to left. If there is bass on only one side then it could be a loose lead on the speaker that is working, while the other is completely broken.

I could see that if the speakers were defective like mine were that one of them could come in and out. I didn't notice that one of mine was busted until both of them went out. Bass is not very directional so it's hard to tell if both are working.

If you can isolate the problem to one speaker that is intermittent, then pull the other one out from under the seat and look at it and see if you have the same issue as me (in the thread link posted above).

Now, if you pan left to right and both underseat woofers are working then it is very unlikely that it is the speakers. I can't imagine both failing and both coming back intermittently. The problem at that point is more than likely hardware (amp) related.

The KW EDC module excuse is complete BS. Interference? Is that a joke? That would cause more sound/noise than less.
Appreciate 0