View Single Post
      04-15-2012, 02:34 PM   #21
M3PO
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '08 IB E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekrul View Post
I wish the tuners would chime in. Also, I currently have the delete R... would I need to remove it to get my software updated?
Yes, flashing to the new software will overwrite your Evolve tune. You will need to re-read the new files and send them to Sal to retune it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Sweat View Post
Would this void a CPO warranty? I have an 08 and I'm not sure of the software.
Flashing to the newest, completely stock software should not void the warranty. Adding a tune may be different, not sure there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keikdasneak View Post
Can the dealer print out service records for free ? I bought my car used and I am curious if it's been updated or not...
I believe they can. Tom printed mine by logging into the dealer system. It has a nice break down of all service work, packages, options, MSRP, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ View Post
What could I tell the dealer to have them feel obligated to update the DME?

- KJ
I'm not sure on this one. You'd need to have some sort of software related driveability issue to make them feel obligated. If you ask nicely and have a good relationship with them, it's not inconceivable for them to do it for free as a courtesy.

While this software doesn't fix any major driveability issues (AFAIK) the car does seem to run much better. It starts better, idles better, etc. That could be placebo though lol!