01-06-2011, 11:27 AM   #53
Trier Germany
Banned
Luxembourg
Rep
Drives: 2009 E-90 M3 space gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by shift@red View Post
Says you. Have you ever gotten to drive on the actual Pilot Cup tires (NOT THE CUP+ TIRES)? Theyre much stickier than a regular PS2.

M3 GTS must be beyond pitiful then if it can barely beat the e46 m3 csl with a much better power to weight ratio.

Of course theyre going to make a decent difference, especially on a 7-8 minute lap. 10-15 seconds or so on a lap that long. M3 CSL on PS2s wouldnt have broken 8 mins.

http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/attac...7&d=1188772014
If you read the fine print the M3 E-92 lap of 8:05 was fifteen seconds slower than the CSL conducted by sport Auto. The E92 was on Cup tires not PS2. Booh yah equal tires. The CSL is lighter and more nimble and one of the best BMW'S made to date a legend. I have had many pax laps in CSL's and they are amazing machinery and it's sole purpose was the Nurburgring it's the only place you see these classic cars and they are all being used as intended to lap the ring. Don't get me wrong the E9x M3 is amazing and it's engine is a master piece of German Technology. But the E9X is to fat and porky and it shows on the ring the S-65 can't overcome a heavy car through 77 turns maybe in a drag race but 77 turns of the ring realy shows a cars weakness and strengths. And the CSL has more strengths on the ring and it is proven every weekend and track day where they compete in FRIENDLY RIVAL with the E9X M3 and the CSL is always faster when comparing drivers of equal track knowledge and I have yet to meet a CSL owner that doesn't know how to lap the ring.
Appreciate 0