View Single Post
      05-02-2013, 07:41 AM   #24
Black Gold
Major General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raucky2000 View Post
If you want to stay in that range and not have huge rebuild costs...go w/ TCK DA and never look back. (350lb or 450lb frt and 600lb or 700lb rear springs). If you are more of a track guy and play around, go heavier springs, but if you want super smooth ride and great handling go softer. Also if you're stuffing a 10 or 10.5 wide rim on the front go with the heavier spring rates because there is so much grip with that size tire up front.
why would you say the TCK is the best? I love the reputation of TCK, especially on the e46, but my concerns are being required to run camber plates and the inherent benefits of monotube dampers over twin tubes...

am i off target?

Quote:
Originally Posted by STALKER View Post
JRZ RS1 and be done with it. Don't even compare KW CS or KW V3 to JRZ or Ohlins, not in the same league, I know cause I have had them.
i am leaning ohlins for sure, concerned about some reliability issues others have posted about on JRZ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3SQRD View Post
I'm running the JRZ RS1s on my M3s and the Ohlins R&T on my R56 Mini Cooper S. I've also used TCK and Moton on my M3s.

The Ohlins R&T is a great street damper whereas the RS1s are a great dual-purpose damper. You can feel the change in handling response with each "click" of the RS1s. With the Ohlins it takes multiple "clicks" to feel a change. Also, the RS1s can handle a very wide range of spring rates; based on reviews of, and the questions I've asked vendors, the Ohlins R&T apparently have a more limited range of rates (more street biased).

If you want a more track-biased setup with streetability I'd get the MCS SA damper (not out yet when I bought my sets of RS1s). Similar to the RS1 but more biased to the track. Also, you can upgrade the MCS SA dampers to other MCS damper options; e.g., have them converted to 2-way remote-reservoir dampers
great explanation, and glad that you have tried both (albeit not on the same platform). it sounds like ohlins is what i am looking for at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STALKER View Post
I said don't compare KW CS or KW V3 to JRZ or Ohlins.

I would not hesitate to use JRZ or Ohlins.
i had to re-read your original post due to the way it was worded, but i got what you meant lol.

i am definitely gaining a lot of confidence in the ohlins setup. I am concerned about JRZ since a few members in the 1M forum had to send them back for multiple rebuilds and little issues, though when they are working they are top notch.
Appreciate 0