footie
Major General
Rep
Drives: i5M60

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by hwelvaar View Post
@ Lucid:
I have never bought a car based on some graphs, statistics, or some scientific equation. I test drive them first. You apparently have a deposit down without ever having driven the E92 M3. That's entirely you're right, but you're defending this car in this discussion based solely on numerical statistics ?

As I said: "the M3 did *feel* slow in low revs, compared to 335i, especially in daily traffic"

No need to argue about that with graphs or science. It's just my personal opinion.

Cheers.
hwelvaar,

I will defend you, your statement that the M3 feels slower than the 335i is correct and anyone with a bit of common sense would know that. You aren't talking about outright acceleration, you are talking about part throttle at slower engine speeds, the very thing a turbo engine was designed for.

In full on acceleration stock vs stock the M3 will destroy the 335i which I doubt any 335i owner would disagree with.

The reason why I chose the M3 over the 335i was because when conditions do become slippy that lump of torque that the 335i has can become trickier to control unlike the M3 which is a pussy cat at slow speeds.

It's BMW's best car/engine they have ever built.
Appreciate 0